Mickey speaks on a variety of leadership and personal development topics. He’s an engaging and inspiring speaker available for keynotes and breakouts.
Here are just a few examples of Mickey’s programs:
Leading Leaders: Inspiring, Empowering, and Motivating Teams
In the military, we learn to lead from our core values and set the example. In this talk, you learn how to achieve high performance through values-based leadership!
- Integrity – High performing leaders live and demand integrity as their foundation.
- Respect – Everybody deserves to be treated with respect. High performing leaders create a culture of respect.
- Teamwork – Like a canoe with everyone paddling together, high performing leaders look for and develop teams.
- Leaders Lead – “When in command, command!” High performing leaders take change and move out.
- Little Things Matter – Even senior executives can’t avoid details–the key is choosing which details are important.
The Five Be’s
In a world full of “no” and “don’t”, The Five Be’s is a positive vision of who to “Be.” Based on a lifetime of mentoring young adults, The Five Be’s is a roadmap to living a healthy, fulfilling, and successful life!
- Be Proud Of Who You Are: Everyone has something to contribute — and so do you!
- Be Free: Authentic freedom means having the ability to choose what’s good for you!
- Be Virtuous: The virtues are the “guardrails” for success in life!
- Be Balanced: Keep your Mind, Body, and Spirit nourished to keep your balance!
- Be Courageous: Courage comes in many forms: physical and moral courage — find yours!
The Synchronized Leader
Leaders are in the people business by learning the art of connecting with people, you can take your team to high performance. Find the “sweet spot” and move beyond “management” into High Performance Leadership!
- Lead the People – The first task every leader must accomplish is the care and leadership for the team. Leaders are in the people business.
- Serve the Institution – Every organization has needs leaders must serve: legal, ethical, policy, and financial.
- Accomplish the Mission – Leaders put it all together to get the job done they’re hired to accomplish: product, budget, schedule, and quality.
Leadership Lessons from Surfing
This is a light program with a serious message! Using surfing as a metaphor for leading through change, you’ll learn to “surf the wave” and take your team on an “epic ride” to success!
- Paddle Out Often – You can’t learn to surf sitting on your couch watching surf videos, and you can’t lead people from behind your desk.
- Keep Your Eye on the Waves – Leaders have to keep their heads up and eyes on the horizon to scan for potential trouble…and potential opportunity.
- Choose the Right Board for the Conditions – Like choosing the right board, choosing the right person can be the difference between an “epic ride” and a “wipeout.”
- Don’t Fight the Current – Like the surfer who chases every wave instead of patiently watching and waiting for the right time, the over-engaged leader will be exhausted when it’s really important to be fresh.
- Have Fun – If you’re not having fun you’re probably doing it wrong.
Mickey can also serve as a Moderator for panel discussions on:
- personal growth
- professional ethics
- national security
- engineering management
To get started, email me with your name, contact info, dates of the event, and preferred topic, or you can schedule a call or call my office and leave a message at 210.960.6087.